This allows the destruction of the hair roots by photothermolysis, without anaesthetic.
An average of 5 to 10 sessions, with intervals of 6 to 10 weeks, according to the areas treated, enables the desired result to be achieved.
The length of a session varies according to the area treated, and several areas may be treated during the same session.
All explanations are given during a prior discussion, an estimate is drawn up and a test carried out.
Our practitioners have specialised in laser depilation since 1997.
WHAT YOU MUST KNOW
Laser depilation in Albertville in Savoie allows the destruction of the hair roots by photothermolysis, without anaesthetic. The length of a session varies according to the area treated, and several areas may be treated during the same session. An average of 5 to 10 sessions, with intervals of 6 to 10 weeks, according to the areas treated, enable the desired result to be achieved.
Since the laser is attracted by the pigment it is not effective on grey, blond and red hair that is not highly pigmented, and totally ineffective on white hair.
For dark hair (phototype 5 & 6 (black race), where the melanin in the skin competes with the melanin in the hair, the risks to the skin contraindicate the treatment.
The Clinique du Lac uses several types of lasers. Depending on the patients, certain lasers are more indicated than others, and the parameters must be perfectly controlled. We offer you the alexandrite lasers and diode lasers, which are more active on clear skin, as well as the Nd-YAG lasers, which enable pigmented skin to be treated.
PRECAUTIONS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
Important: All the explanations are given during a prior discussion, an estimate is drawn up and before any treatment session a test is compulsory at least 48 hours beforehand.
- Depending on the phototype a variable delay will be necessary after the last exposure to the sun or in a booth before the patient is allowed to commence treatment; the skin must have its brightest possible colour because the laser cannot distinguish the malinin in the tanned skin from that of the hair. Self-tanning creams are not recommended.
- Certain drugs (antiepileptics, antibiotics, etc. may increase the sensitivity of the skin to the laser and cause burning at normally harmless doses. The taking of any medicine must be disclosed. Photosensitising drugs against acne, such as Roaccutane (), may react to laser exposure. The patient must therefore stop taking these drugs more than 6 months before starting laser depilation.
- Herpes simplex will be stimulated by the heat.
- In principle hair is not removed from pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Generally speaking laser depilation should be avoided in men who are too young and in areas hair growth is developing.
TREATMENT AND RESULTS
Except in certain special cases between 6 and 8 sessions are required. It is in the growth phase (anagen) of hair that the melanin content is highest and its destruction is therefore possible. Since not all hair is in this phase at the same time, it is necessary to have several sessions.
Some areas, such as the chin, often require an annual maintenance session.
The patient satisfaction index is considered to be excellent. After several sessions, this method this method enables really lasting, even permanent results to be obtained. However, there are exceptions, unfortunately unexpected, which are too difficult to quantify and anticipate.
CARE AFTER A SESSION
The treatment is generally well tolerated. The side effects are almost non-existent or minor at most. After the session the appearance of the area treated varies from one patient to the other, according to the extent of the procedure and the type of skin.
Redness and mild oedema around each follicle are clinically desirable results which indicate that the follicle has responded to treatment. A sensation of heat of the “sunstroke” type may also be observed. These phenomena last several minutes to several hours. A soothing cream may be applied following the session.
|Prior discussion and test||45 Euros|
|Upper lip||55 Euros|
|Nape of the neck||90 Euros|
|Fixed price for torso + stomach||400 Euros|
|Subumbilical line||50 à 80 Euros|
|Fixed price back + shoulders||410 Euros|
|¾ arm||200 Euros|
|Hands + fingers||80 Euros|
|Breasts (encircling nipples)||60 Euros|
|Single Jersey waxing||120 Euros||Fixed price with armpits: 200 Euros|
|Metro ticket jersey waxing excl. labia majora||150 Euros||Fixed price with armpits: 230 Euros|
|Metro ticket jersey waxing incl. labia majora||170 Euros||Fixed price with armpits: 250 Euros|
|Integral jersey waxing||190 Euros||Fixed price with armpits: 270 Euros|
|½ legs||250 Euros (woman) 300 Euros (man)|
|Thighs||300 Euros (woman) 350 Euros (man)|
|Entire legs||420 Euros (woman) 520 Euros (man)|
|Top of feet + toenails||80 Euros|